The Awario service is designed to detect arrhythmias. The service allows you to perform an ECG measurement as soon as you experience arrhythmias, or you can perform regular measurements to identify asymptomatic atrial fibrillation. The measurement takes about one minute. The Awario Analysis service generates an ECG report of the measurement and the results are displayed on the phone with a delay of a few seconds. The ECG can be recorded on the phone and taken to a doctor’s appointment, so the doctor can make the best treatment decisions for you.
The analysis service identifies four different types of arrhythmias: atrial fibrillation, ventricular extrasystoles, and a heartbeat that is too fast or too slow.
Awario® Starter Kit
The Awario Care Starter Kit is a ready-to-use product package. The starter kit includes the Awario Care measuring device, the Awario sensor and a manual.
When you purchase the Awario Care Starter Kit, you are also registering as an Awario user, giving you access to the Awario application (for Android and iOS) and the Awario Analysis service. The product contains a battery. The Awario service requires an Internet connection to work.
The Awario service requires a smartphone running at least iOS 12.0 or Android 7.0 and at least Bluetooth 4.0 to run. A list of individually tested, compatible phone models can be found on the Phone Models tab.
The sensor that has been tailored to the Awario service is manufactured by Suunto. The sensor utilizes Suunto’s Movesense technology and is a medical device.
- This service is not intended to be used
- to detect arrhythmias other than those mentioned earlier;
- for the diagnosis / monitoring of cardiac disorders (e.g., coronary heart disease) for the diagnosis / monitoring of cardiac disorders (e.g., coronary heart disease) other than the above arrhythmias
- The product is not recommended for use if
- You are pregnant, the fetal heart rate may interfere with the analysis.
- You have a pacemaker.
- You are under 18 years of age.
- Your body mass index (BMI) is over 35.